This degree was formerly titled Bachelor of Science in Restaurant and Foodservice Management.
About the degree program
This B.S. in Lodging and Restaurant Management features a holistic, contemporary approach to operations management at the core, with opportunities for industry-focused specializations. By combining lodging and food and beverage management, we achieve the following:
- Provide students with a common comprehensive operations-based curriculum, where upon completion of the primary coursework, students may focus on a specialization within their free elective coursework (i.e. Lodging Management, Beverage Management, F&B Operations Management, Wellness Management);
- Offer students comprehensive education and training regarding the symbiotic nature of lodging management with foodservice operations;
- Connect students to industry through our strategic partnerships with regional and national Fortune 100 lodging and restaurant companies
- Offer a variety of teaching modalities to serve students working in the industry, with courses taught by former lodging and restaurant industry executives;
- Developed strategic partnerships with Darden Restaurants and with Universal Orlando to place students in Progressive Internship Programs to “start their career in college”.
Exclusive Progressive Internship Opportunities are also available with Longhorn Steakhouse to Start Your Career in College.
Immerse Yourself in
the Business of Lodging & Restaurants
UCF Rosen College, in conjunction with industry, has created a successful, comprehensive Lodging & Restaurant Management Degree, whereby our graduates can develop successful careers in the following areas:
- General Management; Sales Management; Management of Revenue Centers; Property Management; Rooms & Operations Management; Spa Management
- Restaurant Manager; Hotel Food & Beverage Management; Event Management; Theme Park Food & Beverage Management; Product Development; Food & Beverage Marketing; Foodservice Robotics; Virtual Dining
Our program also prepares students for an exciting job market that includes hotel and resort general management, banquet management, sales, marketing, and more! Graduates of our program are more competitive in the marketplace and have access to better lodging and restaurant management positions in luxury resorts and hotels, free-standing enterprises, franchise restaurants and boutique brands.
Visit the In This Section tab at the top of the page for more information and opportunities.
A Selection of Lodging & Restaurant Management Courses
|Lodging Focus||Restaurant/F&B Focus|
|HFT 3273 Principle of Resort Timesharing||FSS 3124 Food Supply Chain Management|
|HFT 3654 Hospitality Franchising||FSS 4286C Catering Management|
|HFT 4244 Hospitality Mngl Decision-Making||HFT 3811 Bev Sales, Marketing, & Distribution|
|HFT 4253 Advanced Lodging Operations||HFT 3813 Marketing Analysis in the Food Industry|
|HFT 4266 Hospitality Brand Management||HFT 3868C History and Culture of Wine|
|HFT 4274 Resort Management||HFT 4065C Fine Spirits Management|
|HFT 4292 Hosp Innovation & Entrepreneurship||HFT 4457 Optimizing Profits in Food Ops|
|HFT 4343 Hospitality Facilities Management||HFT 4861 Beverage Management|
|HFT 4473 Hospitality and Tourism Development||HFT 4864C Seminar Quality Brewing & Fine Beer|
|HFT 4522 Resort Sales Tactics and Strategies||HFT 4866C Exploring Wines of the World|
UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSIONS DEADLINES
Apply for the Lodging & Restaurant Management Degree today. Visit Undergraduate Admissions!