Immerse yourself in diverse cultures, enrich your education and cultivate your worldwide hospitality network through a variety of opportunities.
To apply for Study Abroad programs click on the links below. See what students have to say about Study Abroad and Internship opportunities!
Study Abroad and Internship Stories
Around Europe in 16 Days: Experiencing Extraordinary Entertainment, Summer 2019
Read more about the additional programs which will allow more students to Study Abroad.
Hospitality Exchange Programs
Plan ahead for an education overseas. Increase global employment options and earn credit toward your degree by spending a semester overseas with one of our partner institutions:
- Bournemouth, U.K. – Bournemouth University , This program is not accepting applications at this time
- Breda, Netherlands – Breda University of Applied Sciences , Spring 2020 Application deadline: 7-15-19
- Canberra, Australia – University of Canberra , Spring 2020 Application deadline: 7-15-19
- Dublin, Ireland – Dublin Institute of Technology , This program is not accepting applications at this time
- Gold Coast, Australia – Griffith University , Spring 2020 Application deadline: 7-15-19
- Guildford, U.K. – University of Surrey, Guildford, U.K. , This program is not accepting applications at this time
- Hangzhou, China – Zhejiang University , Spring 2020 Application deadline: 7-15-19
- Hong Kong SAR, China – Hong Kong Polytechnic University , This program is not accepting applications at this time
- Innsbruck, Austria – Management Center Innsbruck (MCI) Spring 2020 Application deadline: 7-15-19
- Salzburg, Austria – Salzburg University , Spring 2020 Application deadline 7-15-19
- Seoul, South Korea – Sejong University , Spring 2020 Application deadline 7-15-19
- Shanghai, China – FUDAN University , Spring 2020 Application deadline 7-15-19
- Sun Yat- sen University (SYSU) – Guangzhou/Zhuhai, China , Spring 2019 Application deadline: 7-15-19
- Toshima, Tokyo Japan – Rikkyo University , This program is not accepting applications at this time
- Vienna, Austria – MODUL University Vienna , This program is not accepting applications at this time
- Yamaguchi, Japan – Yamaguchi University , This program is not accepting applications at this time
For details, applications, scholarships and more, visit the Office of International Studies or contact Fazal Jameer at UCF Rosen College by emailing Fazal.Jameer@ucf.edu. You may also visit Mr. Jameer in the Student Services suite at UCF Rosen College in Room 201C.
International Students, please contact UCF Global for immigration advising needs by clicking HERE for more information.
Short Term Summer Study Abroad:
Summer A 2019:
The Rosen College of Hospitality Management invites you to experience a “Taste of Europe” throughout Austria, Germany, Switzerland, Italy and France! Students will learn the European approach to culinary studies, as well as gain food and beverage knowledge on a variety of specialty products – including a wide array of cheese, chocolate, wine, bread and cultural delicacies.
While abroad, students will engage with international food and beverage professionals, sample local products and participate in hands on culinary exercises. All participants are expected to remain engaged in the experience as they try new things – foods, beers and wines. Application Deadline is CLOSED. Click HERE for details.
Summer B 2019: Around Europe in 16 Days: Experiencing Extraordinary Entertainment, Summer 2019. Read about the journey and see the photos.
Come see the best entertainment and theme parks that Europe has to offer!
The Rosen College of Hospitality Management is proud to invite UCF students with the opportunity to travel through Spain, France, Germany and the Netherlands and experience extraordinary entertainment. On group excursions, students will actively participate in and interact with the events as they occur.
Planned activities include:
- Music, art, theater, dance at El Grec in Barcelona, Spain
- An entire town essentially become a performance at Puy du Fou in Les Epesses, France
- The majesty and celebration of Bastille Day in Paris, France
- Incredible theme parks – including Efteling in the Netherlands, Futuroscope in France, Phantasialand in Germany and, of course, Disneyland Paris
- Engage directly with management (at certain locations) for behind-the-scenes details and Q&A
Application Deadline is CLOSED. Click HERE for details.
A look back:
Professor Ray Eddy’s “Exploring Entertainment & Events in Europe”, occurred July 21-August 6, 2018 is Full. Students traveled to Switzerland, France, England and Scotland. See the student perspective of this Study Abroad from Gabrielle “Gabby” Reiff . Look for a recap of this Study Abroad trip HERE.
Cruise Ship Study Abroad
Details of the Spring 2020 Cruise Ship Study Abroad Are Here:
The Cruise Ship Industry- HFT 3770 Cruise Line Operations & Management, Docking at the Rosen College of Hospitality Management in Spring 2020
- Are you looking for an elective to take Spring semester that will take you behind the scenes of one of the best cruise lines in the world?
- Want to Learn about the various aspects of the cruise industry, including its history, operating and marketing procedures, career opportunities, ship profiles, itineraries and ports of call?
- Students will study by land during lectures at Rosen College and by sea during a Caribbean cruise over Spring Break 2020.
- Students will also participate in special sessions led by Royal Caribbean executives who will be on board to share their expertise on cruise industry-related issues and topics.
This course is a Hospitality Management and Event Management elective. It is also an unrestricted elective for Entertainment Students. YES! Entertainment Students may take this class.
Important Considerations for Interested Students:
- You must be a Rosen College degree-seeking student to register for this course.
- You must have a valid passport.
- Additional costs apply:
- Cost is $1200 (max) and due the FIRST DAY OF CLASS
- The cruise will take place during Spring Break 2020
- There are several mandatory onboard meetings/events.
There are TWO sections for the Spring 2020 course:
- Tuesdays from 3:00 p.m.-4:15 p.m. with Professor Sean Bliznik
- Wednesdays from 4:30 p.m.-5:45 p.m. with Professor Ryan Wootten
We will be hosting a Cruise Line Mixer for all students enrolled in the Spring 2020 course! Snacks and drinks provided. This is a great way to meet the other students in class, and plan for your rooms on the cruise! Join us on Wednesday, October 30, 2019, 6:30 p.m.-8:00 p.m., Room 111.
Click Cruise Ship Study Abroad for a look back at the Spring 2018 itinerary.