A Clearinghouse of Covid-19 Resources
Dr. Deborah Breiter, and Dr. Cynthia Mejia collaborated on a research team with UCF’s Targeted Research Training Program (TRT), through the UCF College of Sciences Department of Psychology. Core TRT faculty and students created a website, featuring a variety of resources for those hospitality workers affected by Covid-19. The project is funded through a grant received through National Institute for Occupational Safety (NIOSH/ERC). Learn more HERE. To find out more about the resources made possible through the grant visit the clearinghouse of information website.
Dick Pope Sr. Institute
for Tourism Studies
Rosen College has tremendous research capability and international experience in the hospitality and tourism industry, housing the Dick Pope Sr. Institute for Tourism Studies (DPI) as its research arm. Its world-renowned faculty members are involved in a variety of research and consultancy projects, commissioned by private enterprises, governmental agencies and/or public interest groups. Over the years, numerous research and consultancy projects have been conducted for various domestic and international organizations such as:
- State and local governments (i.e., Massachusetts, Florida and their various counties)
- U.S. federal government (i.e., the U.S. Department of Agriculture, U.S. Agency for International Aid)
- Foreign governments (i.e., Israel, New Zealand, Mexico, Ecuador, Nicaragua, Japan, China, Aruba, Costa Rica and Curacao)
- International organizations (i.e., World Travel & Tourism Council, International Hotel & Restaurant Association, American Resort Development Association, Meeting Professionals International (MPI), Aruba Timeshare Association, World Bank, World Tourism Organization)
- Private companies at the local, national and international levels including hotels, restaurants, convention bureaus, theme parks, tourist attractions, etc.
Research Incentive Award (RIA)
The UCF Research Incentive Awards (RIA) program supports outstanding research, scholarly, and creative activity that advances the body of knowledge in a particular field, including interdisciplinary research and collaborations. This award recognizes employee contributions to UCF’s key goal of achieving international prominence in research and creative activities.
Each year the university awards up to 55 new RIA awards. These awards are equally apportioned among eligible in-unit faculty. Academic Affairs provides the funding for these awards.
Click HERE to see list of past RIA recipeints.
Faculty Research & Publications
The active research contribution of UCF’s Rosen College faculty, which represents the broad spectrum of the hospitality management industry, are well recognized and respected by their peers, making UCF’s Rosen College of Hospitality Management one of the most influential and cutting-edge voices in hospitality and tourism research and education.
Over the years, the College has been consistently ranked one of the top programs in research productivity and scholarly activities (Schmidgall, Woods, & Hardigree, 2007; Severt, Tesone, Bottorff & Carpenter, 2009) in the world by peer-reviewed professional publications. Their research contributions can be widely witnessed by top tier journal publications, conference presentations and industry consulting.