Fine tune your Hospitality Management degree with a Lodging specialization!
The UCF Rosen College of Hospitality Management’s Lodging Management Track is a series of 7 elective courses with a focus on the most popular topics of the lodging industry. The Lodging Track is designed to complement the B.S. in Hospitality Management, and aligns with students’ elective credits without requiring incremental credit hours.
The Lodging Management track gives students a competitive advantage when applying for jobs and building a career by developing “professional worth”. The 7 specialized courses are created and taught by UCF Rosen College faculty with numerous years of industry experience, who bring real-world context to the curriculum, including direct engagement with lodging industry executives. The key learnings and exposure to lodging-specific content will better prepare students for a career in lodging and lodging-related fields.
The lodging industry is vast and global, with the potential for significant career growth and salary gains over time. Career options include: Hotel General Management, Revenue Management, Lodging Sales, Real Estate Management, Convention Service Management, Technology Management, Hotel Design, Marketing, Human Resources Management, Hotel Brand Development both domestic and international, Resort Time Share Management, Risk Management, and many others.
Lodging Management Track (15 Credit Hours)
- HFT 3654 – Hospitality Franchising Credit Hours: 3
- HFT 4253 – Advanced Lodging Operations Credit Hours: 3
- HFT 4266 – Hospitality Brand Management Credit Hours: 3
- HFT 4274 – Resort Management Credit Hours: 3
- HFT 4343 – Hospitality Facilities Management Credit Hours: 3
- HFT 4473 – Hospitality and Tourism Development Credit Hours: 3
- HFT 4522 – Resort Sales Tactics and Strategies Credit Hours: 3
Learn more about the Lodging Management Track by reviewing the Hospitality Management Degree Catalog page. (*scroll down the catalog page for all requirements)
For information about the Lodging Management Track at Rosen College of Hospitality Management, please contact: Michael “Doc” Terry, Michael.Terry@ucf.edu or call 407.903.8244.
Virtual Meet-Up for Lodging Management Track
On Tuesday, August 11, 2020, at 2:00 PM EST, three of our very own UCF Rosen College Instructors who teach the courses in our Lodging Track held a zoom meeting to introduce the lodging managemnt track.
Dr. Amy Gregory, Dr. Diego Bufquin, and Doc Terry had a lot to share and they brought a panel of experts to the table. They shared info about the severn (7) courses in the track. They also let students know how you might use the Lodging Track to boost your resume.
Here’s what was covered:
- Learn more about the track, and how close you might already be to earning the certificate
- Interact with lodging industry executives, ask questions, learn about the industry status
- Catch up and network with fellow students in small group discussion
You can watch the session by clicking on the links below:
- Intro to the Lodging Management Track: Academic Information
- Lodging Management Track Panel: Advice from Executives