Dr. Wei Wei
Expertise: Consumer Behavior/Experience/Psychology, Technology & Innovation, Human Resources Management
Dr. Wei’s research interests include consumer behavior, experience, and psychology with a focus on consumer-to-consumer interactions, consumer engagement behavior, and consumer experience with emerging technologies. Her academic papers have been published by premium peer-reviewed journals, such as Tourism Management, Annals of Tourism Research, Journal of Travel Research, Journal of Service Research, International Journal of Hospitality Management, International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, Cornell Hospitality Quarterly, Journal of Business Research, Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Research, and Journal of Destination Marketing and Management.
Dr. Wei sits on the Editorial Boards of the Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Research, Journal of Destination Marketing & Management, Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Insights, and the International Journal of Hospitality and Event Management.
Dr. Wei joined the Rosen College as an Assistant Professor in August 2014. Dr. Wei received her Ph.D. degree and Master’s degree in Hospitality and Tourism Management from Purdue University, U.S.A. She also received her Bachelor of Science degree in Tourism Management from Northwest University, China.
- Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching, UCF (2020)
- “High Quality” Online Course Designation (2020)
- Teaching Incentive Program (TIP) Award, UCF (2019)
- Recognition of Excellence in Diversity and Inclusion, UCF (2018)
- “Quality” Online Course Designation (2018)
- The inclusion in Marquis Who’s Who in America (70th ed., 2016)
- Best Paper Award at the International Hospitality Information Technology Association Annual Conference (2016)
- Best Paper Award at the Annual Graduate Student Conference in Hospitality and Tourism (2013)
- Purdue HTM Outstanding Ph.D. student Award (2013)
- The media recognition in Boilerplate of School of Hospitality and Tourism Management (Purdue University, Spring Issue, 2013)
- Finalist, the Beulab Gillaspie Outstanding Master’s Student Award (2010)
Courses Taught at the Rosen College:
|HFT 1000||Introduction to the Hospitality and Tourism Industry|
|HFT 2220||Hospitality Human Resources Management|
|HFT 4561||Destination Marketing and Management|
|HMG 6228||Critical Issues in Hospitality Human Resources|