Dr. Xiaoxiao Fu
Expertise: Consumer experience and well-being in tourism and hospitality, place marketing and branding, culture and emerging markets.
Dr. Xiaoxiao Fu holds a Ph.D. degree in Tourism Management from Purdue University, a Master’s degree in Marketing Science from the Johns Hopkins University, and a Bachelor of Arts degree from China’s Peking University. Prior to her academic appointments, Dr. Fu possessed several years of industry experience in market research and marketing communications.
Dr. Fu’s primary area of research is consumptive experience and well-being in tourism and hospitality, addressing how destinations and service firms can effectively market experiential products to improve consumer experience. Much of her work is concerned with developing a better understanding of how consumers interact with a place, defined as a destination, theme park, resort, exhibition, or festival, through leisure and hospitality experiences, what outcomes and benefits such experiences provide, and how personal and interpersonal factors influence tourism and hospitality marketing practices and visitor satisfaction. As an award-winning scholar, Dr. Fu has published over 60 articles in many top-tier journals including Tourism Management, Journal of Travel Research, Annals of Tourism Research, International Journal of Hospitality Management, International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, and Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Research. At present, her scholarly work has been cited nearly 2,200 times (h-index: 21) according to Google Scholar.
- Emerging Scholar of Distinction, International Academy for the Study of Tourism (2022)
- Teaching Incentive Program (TIP) Award, UCF (2021)
- Excellence in Graduate Teaching, UCF (2021)
- Research Incentive Award (RIA), UCF (2020)
- Best Poster Award, Annual Graduate Student Conference in Hospitality and Tourism (2020)
- Excellence Research Achievement Award (3rd Prize), Ministry of Culture and Tourism of the People’s Republic of China (2020)
- Excellence in Research, UCF (2019)
- Excellent Achievements of Philosophy and Social Sciences (3rd Prize), Government of Shenzhen, China (2019)
- Emerald Citations of Excellence Award (2017)
- Best Paper Nomination, Annual Graduate Student Conference in Hospitality and Tourism (2017)
- Martin Oppermann Best Article of the Year, Journal of Travel & Tourism Marketing (2015)
- Finalist, Purdue Graduate School Excellence in Teaching Award (2014)
- Finalist, Purdue HHS Outstanding Doctoral Student Award (2014)
- Purdue HTM Outstanding Doctoral Student Award (2014)
- Purdue CETA Award for Excellence in Teaching (2013)
- Best Paper Award, Annual Graduate Student Conference in Hospitality and Tourism (2013)
- Best Paper Nomination, Annual Graduate Student Conference in Hospitality and Tourism (2012)
- Purdue Doctoral Fellowship (2010-2013)
- Johns Hopkins Elinor and E. William Scriba Fund Award (2009)
- Johns Hopkins Carey Business School Scholarship (2009)
- HMG 7715 Strategies and Tactics in Travel and Tourism
- HMG 6756 Mega Events
- HMG 6566 Principle of Destination Marketing and Management.
- HFT 3512 Event Promotion
- HFT 3700 Tourism Management
- HFT 4561 Destination Marketing and Management
- HFT 4757 Event Management (capstone course)