Transient Status Information

Inside Header Image

Transient Status Information

UCF students occasionally have the option to take a course(s) at a local community or state college during the regular semester or at an institution closer to their permanent residence during the summer semester. The transient form process provides university approval to the student that the course they want to take from a community or state college is considered equivalent to a UCF course. The Undergraduate Student Services office facilitates the verification process of transient forms.

Generally, these online forms take about a week to process through multiple university offices. Students should note that there is additional UCF Student Financial Assistance paperwork required when taking course work from a community or state college. Finally, students are responsible for any additional deadlines, applications or fee payment to the community or state college.

The following steps will help you complete an electronic transient form:

  • From your web browser, go to
  • Select “Student Services” from the menu across the top of the page
  • Select “Transient Student Admission Application” link under the “College Transfer Center” menu
  • Select the “log in” link at the bottom center of the page
  • Either select “Create Account” or log in
  • Select “Continue” on the next screen to begin the process
  • Select your home institution; enter your NID; enter your NID password (Login for myUCF)
  • Select “New Application” at top right
  • Select the college in which you’re enrolled (i.e. Rosen College of Hospitality Management):
    • Select the program in which you’re enrolled (i.e. Hospitality Management)
    • Select “Next”
  • Complete the application:
    • Personal information
    • School information
    • Term & year in transient status
    • Transient course information & the area to which it counts (i.e. GEP)

***Take advantage of the “Student Comments” area (i.e. if the course counts toward your minor, if the course is for major requirements, or is being taken to be close to home, etc.)

  • Select the “Click to Sign” in the pink arrow at the bottom of the page
  • Select “Send” (click one time) to release the form
  • Please be advised it takes 3-5 business days for the form to be processed. You can check the status of your form by signing on to my or by checking your knight’s email frequently.
  • The form will be sent electronically to the advising office in your college. You will receive an email in your Knights e-mail account once the form has been approved.
  • Contact the other institution to complete the registration process for the course(s) you plan to take transient.
  • When you have completed the course(s), you must go to the Registrar’s Office at the “other” institution and make arrangements for your official transcript to be sent to UCF.