Professional Tennis Management Track
The University of Central Florida’s Professional Tennis Management (PTM) program, at UCF Rosen College of Hospitality Management, was developed in collaboration with the United States Tennis Association(USTA) in order to develop the next generation of tennis management leaders. UCF’s Professional Tennis Management (PTM) students will become fully immersed in all offerings at the USTA National Campus, a state-of-the-art facility in the Lake Nona area of Orlando, Florida, which opened in January 2017. The innovative USTA facility features more than 100 courts (a mix of hard and clay), houses the USTA’s Community Tennis and Player Development divisions, and is home to the UCF Men’s and Women’s collegiate tennis teams.
The Rosen College Advantage
- Comprehensive Hospitality Management curriculum that incorporates tennis operations, management, and leadership skills.
- Hands-on internships with top tennis facilities, clubs, events, and association employers
- More than 90 percent of students have full-time jobs upon graduation
- Industry-related student organizations for connecting with peers and professionals
- Many graduates rise to senior management in two to three years
- A rapidly growing network of 9,500 alumni
The Professional Tennis Management Track requires 15 credits from the following courses. This is an addition to the academic and internship requirements for the B.S. in Hospitality Management degree.
- HFT 3357 Club Event Operations
- HFT 3384 Club Enterprise Management
- HFT 3512 Event Promotion
- HFT 3519 Event Services
- HFT 3670 Hospitality and Event Risk Management
Required Professional Internships:
All Rosen College student are required to complete three semesters of paid internships as part of the academic curriculum. Students in the Professional Tennis Management track will complete internships in the tennis industry. The internship experience allows students to gain resume-building work experience and networking within the tennis community.
For more information about Rosen College’s Professional Tennis Management Track, please contact:
For admission questions, please contact email@example.com