Study Aboard: The Cruise Ship Industry
Docking at the Rosen College of Hospitality Management in Spring
Learn about the various aspects of the cruise industry, including its history, operating and marketing procedures, career opportunities, ship profiles, itineraries and ports of call. Students will study by land during lectures at Rosen College and by sea during a 7-night Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Oasis of the Seas. They will also participate in special sessions led by Professor Jessica Wickey and Professor Ryan Wootten who will be on board to share their expertise on cruise industry-related issues and topics. This course is a Hospitality Management and Event Management elective.
Important Considerations for Interested Students:
- You must be a Rosen College degree-seeking student to register for this course.
- Students must have a minumum GPA of 3.0
- Students must have Junior standing
- Students must have a valid passport.
- Additional costs apply: $1,200 for the cruise, plus the course fee. Payment is due the first week of land class.
- The cruise will take place during Spring Break.
- There are several mandatory onboard meetings/events.
How to Register:
Space is limited for this unique Study Aboard experience. Students are chosen on a first-come, first-serve basis, if they meet all the above criteria. For additional questions and to request admission, please contact Jessica Wickey at Jessica.Wickey@ucf.edu or 407-903-8o18. Please email a resume to Professor Wickey.