Dr. Chaozhi Zhang is professor of tourism at School of Tourism Management, Sun Yat-sen University, China. He also is the Chairholder of UNESCO Chair in Sustainable Tourism at UNESCO Designated Sites. He experts in cultural and heritage tourism, destination management and development. He has published more than 100 papers in both international and domestic peer reviewed journals, and has received various research grants from both science and social science sector.
He serves as editorial board member for several international and Chines academic journals such as:
- Journal of Sustainable Tourism
- Journal of Destination Marketing & Management
- Journal of Hospitality Marketing and Management
- Tourism Management Perspective
- Journal of China Tourism Research
Hhe also actively involves in UNESCO, IUCN and ICOMOS as an expert member in the field of tourism development and heritage conservation affairs.