Our next Career Fair will be held on November 14, 2019.
Thank you to all the industry partners and employers who attended the spring Illuminate the Knight Rosen College Career Fair on March 7, 2019. More than 1,000 students met with 95 employers Take a look at some photos from the event in the Facebook Album!
Thank you to everyone who participated in the November 8, 2018, Fall Rosen College Career Fair. More than 800 students attended to meet with 95 employers. Photos from the Fall Rosen College Career Fair held on November 8, 2018, may be found HERE!
Would you like to participate in
our bi-annual Career Fair?
The UCF Rosen College of Hospitality Management hosts two hospitality specific career fairs each year, in the fall and spring. Our next Career Fair will be in November 14, 2019. If you would like to sign up to receive announcements regarding the career fairs and updates from UCF Rosen College please click here.
For more information about Career Services, please contact Sheila Perez Vargas, Interim Assistant Director – Employer Relations, UCF Career Services at Sheila.Perez@ucf.edu or call 408.903.8077.
Rosen College is proud to partner with employers and organizations to prepare the future leaders of the hospitality industry. Please take a moment to review the various ways we can work together and connect you with our outstanding students.
Full Time and Part Time Opportunities:
If you are an employer and would like to post positions for UCF Rosen College students, please use our new system Handshake to do so.
Handshake Recruitment Database
- Handshake – a modern platform for college recruiting. Handshake is our interactive database that allows employers to connect with UCF students and alumni. You can post your full-time and/or part time positions. We ask that you create an account in our new system! Signing up is easy and takes less than 5 minutes.
- Review and accept or decline our terms and conditions.
- Click this link. This will automatically generate an approval connection request for us!
- Log into Handshake or click Sign up for an Account.
Want more information or guidance on the system? Visit Handshake’s Employer Site.
Once positions are posted, Career Services advertises them to students, graduates, and alumni through a weekly newsletter.
Advertise Internship Opportunities to Rosen College students:
Employers are able to reach Rosen College students with internship-eligible positions by submitting an internship opportunity by clicking HERE. Please note that all internship eligible positions must offer a Minimum of 256 hours per semester of hospitality experience to our students while compensating the student intern at least $8.45/hour. Please do not hesitate to contact Gisele Canova, Jessica Wickey or David Wixted with any questions. For Hospitality Specific Industry Internship Jobs Post Here!
Do you want to recruit at UCF Rosen College of Hospitality Management?
We invite hospitality employer partners to recruitment on campus throughout each academic semester, depending on availability.
Build brand recognition by hosting an information table at the UCF Rosen College to increase visibility for your company and talk to students between classes about your internship and job opportunities! Tabling is conducted outside in Rosen College Courtyard (covered breezeway area) Monday – Thursday, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. UCF Rosen College can host up to three (3) employers for tabling at a time. SPOTLIGHT TABLING is for only one employer tabling on that particular day (subject to date availability).
To submit a tabling request click HERE.
Once we have received the request a representative from our Events Team will reach out to confirm your scheduled date. For additional information and questions please contact Sheila Perez Sheila.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note the following:
- Forms are due at least ten (10) business days before the requested date to provide time to promote to students
- We provide a table and two chairs. Please bring a company tablecloth and other career related material to share with the students
- Your tabling request will be processed in 2-4 business days
- Cancellations must be communicated no less than three (3) days before the scheduled tabling date
Leadership Development Series
Developed in the Spring of 2017, the Leadership Development Workshop Series is a series offered to all internship students. We created this series to develop our students into effective leaders, and more marketable candidates. After analyzing Employer’s Feedback, we took the constructive comments and created topics to address the areas of improvement. Industry partners facilitate a 45 minute workshop on various topics. So far, the series has been a phenomenal success! We have mentored over 10,000 students with the collective efforts of our industry partners!
Each Leadership Development Workshop starts with a brief introduction of your career path, followed by your presentation on a leadership topic, ending in Q&A with the students. The workshops are mandatory for all internship students (they must attend 2 workshops per semester), as well as open to all current students and alumni.
Previous Topics include:
- Personal Branding – Who AM I?
- Characteristics of a Leader
- How to be Successful in the Entertainment Industry
- Sports Entertainment and Success
- Loyalty to your Employer – Longevity for YOUR Career
- Accountability in the Workplace – Own YOUR Mistakes
- Safety Leadership: Risk Management in Theme Parks
- Networking, Utilizing Social Media and Professional Associations
- Multi-generations in the Workplace
- Talent Development and Music Distribution
- Cruise Industry: The Nomadic Life of Choosing a Seagoing Lifestyle
- Professionalism, including Attire, Communication, Time Management and Social Media
- Professional Development – FIVE Year strategic plan; do you have one?
- Employer panels for Entertainment Management, Event Management, Lodging, Restaurants, Theme Parks
- Interviewing and Preparation, Choosing the Right Candidate and Salary Negotiation
- Leadership and Professional Development – What is my Elevator speech?
- Managing Change in Myself and Others
- Leading is NOT Managing
- Setting Expectations and Delivering Feedback
- Relocation and Recruitment: How being Mobile Can Drive YOUR Career
- Empathy in the Workplace
Previous Industry Facilitators for the Workshops include:
- Amazon Restaurants
- American Traveler
- Axis Events
- Carnival Cruise Lines
- CW Hotels
- Drury Hotels
- Entertainment Technology Partners
- Herschend Family Entertainment
- Hilton Worldwide
- Holland America Cruise Lines
- Integrated Insight
- Kennedy Space Center
- Loews Hotels
- Marriott Vacations Worldwide
- Merlin Entertainment
- Orange County Convention Center
- Orlando Magic
- Red Lobster
- Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines
- SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment
- Seminole County Tourism
- Staying Sain
- The Breakers Palm Beach
- Walt Disney World
- Westgate Resorts
If interested, please email Program Director, Jessica Wickey to be a part of our Leadership Development Series at Jessica.email@example.com
**Workshops are held in the Darden Auditorium, Room 101, on the Rosen College campus during the months of February, March, September and October on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 8:00-8:45 a.m. The auditorium is equipped with presentation technology**
Connect with UCF Career Services at Rosen College
For additional questions or information, please contact Sheila Perez Vargas, Interim Assistant Director – Employer Relations, UCF Career Services at Sheila.Perez@ucf.edu or call 408.903.8077..