Financial Aid Information
For specific questions regarding your family’s financial aid package, please contact the UCF Office of Student Financial Assistance at email@example.com or call 407-823-2827. A list of financial aid FAQs (including COVID-19 related impact) visit https://www.ucf.edu/financial-aid/faq/
For questions relating to merit scholarships, please contact the UCF Office of Undergraduate Admissions Scholarship Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scroll down the page to review all opportunities
for Financial Assistance and Scholarships.
Fund Your College Education
Students can receive financial assistance through scholarships, grants, loans, fellowships and assistantships. Full details and application information are available through the Office of Student Financial Assistance. For information on fellowships and assistantships, please visit the Office of Graduate Studies website.
Financial Aid Services at the Rosen College of Hospitality Management will only be available on Tuesdays and Wednesdays during the first three (3) weeks of each academic semester and during the early registration period for each academic term, unless otherwise noted. Financial Aid will be located in room indicated next to the date and time.
Students are encouraged to contact the main campus Office of Student Financial Assistance via email at email@example.com for assistance. The office is committed to responding on a timely basis. Additional information is available on the Office of Student Financial Assistance website at finaid.ucf.edu .
Information on scholarships for hospitality students is listed below. Please scroll down the page!
Rosen College Scholarship Opportunities
The scholarship application period is open Jan 31, 2020 to March 15, 2020. Please CLICK HERE to apply for Rosen College Scholarships through the A2O system. For general information on the A2O scholarships visit: https://ucf.academicworks.com/opportunities
Rosen College awards numerous scholarships each year. In 2019 the college awarded more than $250,000 to deserving students. The Rosen College Scholarship Committee is responsible for the application process, reviewing applications and awarding scholarships to current Rosen College students and new/incoming students that have declared undergraduate majors in Hospitality Management, Event Management, Restaurant and Foodservice Management and Entertainment Management. Scholarships are also available to students in the Master’s and Ph.D. programs, though they are limited. Both domestic and international students may apply for these scholarships. Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic criteria as well as any combination of financial need, campus/community activities, leadership positions and work experience.
All applications will be considered seriously based on the criteria of academic performance, industry experience, and philanthropic activities. You may need an Unofficial Transcript to apply for the scholarship opportunities.
Search for scholarship applications through Access to Opportunities or as its commonly known A20 . Check A2o for Study Abroad Scholarship information.
UCF Scholarship Opportunities
- Scholarship and Financial Aid opportunities can be found HERE!
Each year UCF Alumni Engagement and Annual Giving awards more than $50,000 in scholarships to UCF students demonstrating strong academic ability and significant extracurricular and community involvement. Applications are now available on A2O: Access to Opportunities (https://ucf.academicworks.com/). You are encouraged to apply for as many scholarships for which you are eligible.
How to apply through A2O:
- Read all scholarship criteria online at https://ucfalumni.com/scholarships to determine which you may be eligible for.
- Log in to A2O: Access to Opportunities (https://ucf.academicworks.com/).
- Complete the general application if this is your first time logging in.
- Browse available scholarships > click “Opportunities” and select “Ours” then search for the specific scholarship you are looking for.
- Complete and submit application(s) and all required supporting documents.
*No paper applications will be accepted. Scholarship applications are only available online through the A2O portal. You will only see scholarships for which you meet the basic eligibility requirements.
IMPORTANT! Please read each scholarship application carefully to make sure you meet ALL of the specific criteria required for each scholarship before applying. Criteria used to determine eligibility includes, but is not limited to: GPA, class standing, academic program and campus involvement. If you do not see a particular scholarship, you do not meet one or more of the basic eligibility requirements (refer to our FAQs at https://ucfalumni.com/students/scholarshipfaq.
– Charles N. & Frances Millican Scholarship – senior serving in a leadership role
– Jack & Monica Thorsen Veteran Scholarship – any class standing, served in the U.S. Military
– Phoenix Scholarship – non-traditional student, junior class standing
– St. Onge Family Leadership Endowed Scholarship – undergrad, sophomore or junior class standing serving in a leadership role
– UCF Alumni Fellows Leadership Scholarship – any class standing
– UCF Alumni Legacy Scholarship – undergrad, any class standing, parent/grandparent/legal guardian are UCF graduates
– Amy G. Buchman, ’95, Memorial Endowed Scholarship – any class standing, permanent resident of Pinellas/Hillsborough counties in Florida
– College of Business Administration Alumni Chapter Scholarship – junior, senior or graduate student class standing enrolled in the College of Business Administration
– Debbie K. Phillis Space Coast UCF Alumni Chapter Endowed Scholarship – any class standing, permanent resident of Brevard County in Florida
– Dr. William K. Grasty Memorial Scholarship – undergrad, junior or senior in the Nicholson School of Communication
– Lee A. Dumas Memorial Endowed Scholarship – any class standing, permanent resident of Volusia/Flagler counties in Florida
– UCF Regional Alumni Chapter/Club Scholarships:
+Jacksonville UCF Alumni Club Scholarship – any class standing, permanent resident of Duval, Clay, St. Johns or Nassau counties in Florida
+Southeast Florida Knights Scholarship – any class standing, permanent resident of Dade or Broward counties in Florida, preference to those who are incoming freshman
+Tampa Bay Knights Legacy Scholarship – any class standing, permanent resident of the Tampa Bay Area, preference to those whose parent/grandparent/legal guardian are UCF graduates
There are also scholarships available for Study Abroad. Check the A2O listings for information on scholarship opportunities.
Award recipients will be recognized at the 26th Annual Joseph C. Andrews Mentoring Celebration to be held on Monday, February 3, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. in the Student Union, Pegasus Ballroom.
External Scholarship Opportunities
The Linda Thompson Memorial Scholarship
Application Deadline Sunday, November 1, 2020.
The Association of Destination Management Executives International (ADMEI) awards two scholarships annually. The Linda Thompson Memorial Scholarship is awarded to students who are preparing for a career in Destination Management. Up to two (2) scholarships will be awarded in the amount of $2500 USD each.
What is a DMC?
A Destination Management Company (DMC) is a professional services company located in its destination and specializes in local expertise and resources. The DMC is a strategic partner to provide creative local experiences in event management, tours/activities, transportation, entertainment, and program logistics.
Visit the 2021 Scholarship Application page to apply.
Applicants must include:
- A resume
- A letter of recommendation from either a professor or a professional in the meetings industry.
(The letter, in English, should verify their commitment and ability to complete the educational program, experience in the event management industry, whether volunteer or paid, and aptitude to deal with the demands of the Destination Management profession.)
- An essay, in English, of at least 250 words that explains:
- their interest in the Destination Management / Event Management Industry;
- their knowledge or experience in the Destination Management / Event Management field;
- how receiving this scholarship would help them achieve their goals;
- and, their thoughts and experiences with a recent event they have attended.
Scholarship applications will be reviewed by a committee of Destination Management professionals during the month of November. The scholarships will be announced in December and again at the 2021 ADMEI Annual Conference which will be held virtually in February 2021. Scholarship recipients need not be present to accept their award, however, if they choose to participate in annual conference, they will receive complimentary registration courtesy of ADMEI. Questions regarding the Linda Thompson Memorial Scholarship, please feel free to contact the ADMEI office at +1-512-551-0407 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Application Deadline Sunday, November 1, 2020.
Professional Tennis Management Grants and Scholarships
A career in tennis has never been easier to achieve than with a Professional Tennis Management (PTM) track through the Hospitality Management degree at UCF Rosen College. There are grants and scholarships available for PTM students through the USTA Foundation at www.ustafoundation.com and click on the grants and scholarships tab at the top of the page. Additional questions, please contact Jill.Fjelstul@ucf.edu Director of the PTM program at UCF Rosen College.