Scroll down the page to review all opportunities
for Financial Assistance and Scholarships.
Fund Your College Education
Students can receive financial assistance through scholarships, grants, loans, fellowships and assistantships. Full details and application information are available through the Office of Student Financial Assistance. For information on fellowships and assistantships, please visit the Office of Graduate Studies website.
FAFSA information: Complete by December 1.
Information on scholarships for hospitality students is listed below.
Financial Aid Services at the Rosen College of Hospitality Management will only be available on Tuesdays and Wednesdays during the first three (3) weeks of each academic semester and during the early registration period for each academic term, unless otherwise noted. Financial Aid will be located in Room 102I, unless otherwise indicated.
Students are encouraged to contact the main campus Office of Student Financial Assistance via email at email@example.com for assistance. The office is committed to responding on a timely basis. Additional information is available on the Office of Student Financial Assistance website at finaid.ucf.edu .
For Fall 2019
- Wednesday 9/18/2019 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Rosen College Scholarship Opportunities
Rosen College awards numerous scholarships each year. In 2018 the college awarded more than $300,000 to deserving students. The Rosen College Scholarship Committee is responsible for the application process, reviewing applications and awarding scholarships to current Rosen College students and new/incoming students that have declared undergraduate majors in Hospitality Management, Event Management, Restaurant and Foodservice Management and Entertainment Management. Scholarships are also available to students in the Master’s and Ph.D. programs, though they are limited. Both domestic and international students may apply for these scholarships. Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic criteria as well as any combination of financial need, campus/community activities, leadership positions and work experience.
All applications will be considered seriously based on the criteria of academic performance, industry experience, and philanthropic activities. You may need an Unofficial Transcript to apply for the scholarship opportunities.
As of February 2019, all UCF and Rosen College scholarship applications are closed through Access to Opportunities or as its commonly known A20 . Check A2o for Study Abroad Scholarship information.
UCF Scholarship Opportunities
- Scholarship and Financial Aid opportunities can be found HERE!
Each year UCF Alumni Engagement and Annual Giving awards more than $50,000 in scholarships to UCF students demonstrating strong academic ability and significant extracurricular and community involvement. Applications are now available on A2O: Access to Opportunities (https://ucf.academicworks.com/). You are encouraged to apply for as many scholarships for which you are eligible.
How to apply through A2O:
- Read all scholarship criteria online at https://ucfalumni.com/scholarships to determine which you may be eligible for.
- Log in to A2O: Access to Opportunities (https://ucf.academicworks.com/).
- Complete the general application if this is your first time logging in.
- Browse available scholarships > click “Opportunities” and select “Ours” then search for the specific scholarship you are looking for.
- Complete and submit application(s) and all required supporting documents.
*No paper applications will be accepted. Scholarship applications are only available online through the A2O portal. You will only see scholarships for which you meet the basic eligibility requirements.
IMPORTANT! Please read each scholarship application carefully to make sure you meet ALL of the specific criteria required for each scholarship before applying. Criteria used to determine eligibility includes, but is not limited to: GPA, class standing, academic program and campus involvement. If you do not see a particular scholarship, you do not meet one or more of the basic eligibility requirements (refer to our FAQs at https://ucfalumni.com/students/scholarshipfaq.
– Charles N. & Frances Millican Scholarship – senior serving in a leadership role
– Jack & Monica Thorsen Veteran Scholarship – any class standing, served in the U.S. Military
– Phoenix Scholarship – non-traditional student, junior class standing
– St. Onge Family Leadership Endowed Scholarship – undergrad, sophomore or junior class standing serving in a leadership role
– UCF Alumni Fellows Leadership Scholarship – any class standing
– UCF Alumni Legacy Scholarship – undergrad, any class standing, parent/grandparent/legal guardian are UCF graduates
– Amy G. Buchman, ’95, Memorial Endowed Scholarship – any class standing, permanent resident of Pinellas/Hillsborough counties in Florida
– College of Business Administration Alumni Chapter Scholarship – junior, senior or graduate student class standing enrolled in the College of Business Administration
– Debbie K. Phillis Space Coast UCF Alumni Chapter Endowed Scholarship – any class standing, permanent resident of Brevard County in Florida
– Dr. William K. Grasty Memorial Scholarship – undergrad, junior or senior in the Nicholson School of Communication
– Lee A. Dumas Memorial Endowed Scholarship – any class standing, permanent resident of Volusia/Flagler counties in Florida
– UCF Regional Alumni Chapter/Club Scholarships:
+Jacksonville UCF Alumni Club Scholarship – any class standing, permanent resident of Duval, Clay, St. Johns or Nassau counties in Florida
+Southeast Florida Knights Scholarship – any class standing, permanent resident of Dade or Broward counties in Florida, preference to those who are incoming freshman
+Tampa Bay Knights Legacy Scholarship – any class standing, permanent resident of the Tampa Bay Area, preference to those whose parent/grandparent/legal guardian are UCF graduates
There are also scholarships available for Study Abroad
Check the A2O listings for information on scholarship opportunities.
External Scholarship Opportunities
Gilman-McCain Scholarship: The U.S. Department of State is proud to announce the John McCain International Scholarship for the Children of Military Families (Gilman-McCain Scholarship). The award amount is $5,000. Deadline to Apply is October 1, 2019, 11:59 p.m. Central Time.
A congressionally funded initiative of the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) at the U.S. Department of State and named after the late senator John S. McCain from Arizona. With the support of the U.S. Congress, this scholarship honors the Senator’s legacy of public service by enabling children of active duty military to develop the leadership and career readiness skills and global perspective to pursue careers of service and contribute to preserving the principles and alliances that are critical to an international order based on the rule of law, human rights, and democracy. We are offering four webinars focused on the Gilman-McCain Scholarship, which will include information on eligibility requirements, application deadlines, the selection process, and documentation. During the webinar, Gilman staff will review the above information and advisors will be able to ask questions. You may choose from the options below by clicking the time that best fits your schedule. If you are unable to attend, a recording will be available on the Gilman Advisor Resources Page. Webinar dates are:
- Monday, Sept. 16, 2019 11 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Central Time
- Tuesday, Sept. 17, 2019, 12 p.m. -12:30 p.m. Central Time
- Wednesday, Sept. 18, 2019, 2 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. Central Time
- Thursday,Sept. 19, 2019, 3 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Central Time
For more info on the Gilman-McCain Scholarship visit: https://www.gilmanscholarship.org/program/gilman-mccain-scholarships/
NEWH offers numerous scholarships for hospitality and tourism students. Please check the website. https://newh.org/available-scholarships/ for more information. Deadlines vary. Also check the NEWH Chapter scholarships. The Sunshine Chapter here is Florida offers a scholarship: https://newh.org/chapter-scholarships/
- Undergraduate Student Scholarship opportunity – $2500-$10,000. All scholarship applicants must be:
- A citizen or lawful permanent resident of the United States of America and its territories.
- Enrolled or accepted as a full time or substantial part-time student at an accredited post-secondary institution, college, or university for the upcoming academic year
- Majoring in a restaurant or foodservice-related program
- Plan to be enrolled for at least two consecutive terms
- Unrelated to any employees or family members of the National Restaurant Association, National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation, any state restaurant association
A career in tennis has never been easier to achieve than with a Professional Tennis Management (PTM) track through the Hospitality Management degree at Rosen College. There are grants and scholarships available for PTM students through the USTA Foundation at www.ustafoundation.com and click on the grants and scholarships tab at the top of the page. Additional questions, please contact Marc.firstname.lastname@example.org Associate Director PTM, Rosen College.