Scroll down the page to review all opportunities
for Financial Assistance and Scholarships.
Fund Your College Education
Students can receive financial assistance through scholarships, grants, loans, fellowships and assistantships. Full details and application information are available through the Office of Student Financial Assistance. For information on fellowships and assistantships, please visit the Office of Graduate Studies website.
Information on scholarships for hospitality students is listed below.
Financial Aid Services at the Rosen College of Hospitality Management will only be available on Tuesdays and Wednesdays during the first three (3) weeks of each academic semester and during the early registration period for each academic term, unless otherwise noted. Financial Aid will be located in Room 102I, unless otherwise indicated.
Students are encouraged to contact the main campus Office of Student Financial Assistance via email at email@example.com for assistance. The office is committed to responding on a timely basis. Additional information is available on the Office of Student Financial Assistance website at finaid.ucf.edu .
For Spring 2019
- Tuesday 3/26/2019 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday 3/27/2019 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Room 204G
- Tuesday 4/2/2019 8:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Wednesday 4/3/2019 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
For Summer 2019 (* hours to be determined)
- Tuesday 5/14/2019
- Wednesday 5/15/2019
- Tuesday 5/21/2019
- Wednesday 5/22/2019
- Tuesday 6/25/2019
- Wednesday 6/26/2019
- Tuesday 7/2/2019
- Wednesday 7/3/2019
For Fall 2019
- Tuesday 8/27/2019 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday 8/28/2019 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m
- Tuesday 9/3/2019 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday 9/4/2019 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday 9/10/2019 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday 9/11/2019 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Rosen College Scholarship Opportunities
Rosen College awards numerous scholarships each year. In 2018 the college awarded more than $300,000 to deserving students. The Rosen College Scholarship Committee is responsible for the application process, reviewing applications and awarding scholarships to current Rosen College students and new/incoming students that have declared undergraduate majors in Hospitality Management, Event Management, Restaurant and Foodservice Management and Entertainment Management. Scholarships are also available to students in the Master’s and Ph.D. programs, though they are limited. Both domestic and international students may apply for these scholarships. Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic criteria as well as any combination of financial need, campus/community activities, leadership positions and work experience.
The Scholarship Committee is ready to accept your application for the RCHM Scholarships of the 2019-2020 Academic Year. Current Rosen College students who are enrolled with full-time load (12 or more semester hours for undergraduate students, and 9 or more semester hours for graduate students) in the fall and spring semesters of the 2019-2020 are eligible. Seniors who are graduating at the end of 2020 may apply too. All applications will be considered seriously based on the criteria of academic performance, industry experience, and philanthropic activities. Details on how to apply and application requirements can be found HERE!
A list of current scholarship sources can be found HERE.
You may need an Unofficial Transcript to apply for the scholarship opportunities.
- Current Rosen College students please complete the scholarship application: https://ucfrchm.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_8JrPfk7Aq612BcF
- New/Incoming, Transfer and Graduate students please complete the scholarship application: https://ucfrchm.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_8JrPfk7Aq612BcF
- Submit a hard copy of your Unofficial Transcript to Dr. Jung’s office, RCHM 255. This can be obtained at the Student Services Office, RCHM 201. Please do not submit this electronically. This is NOT a Degree Audit report. A Degree Audit Report will not be accepted.
- Submit your resume & essay in one WORD DOCUMENT FILE attached to an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CLOSED: The deadline to apply is Friday, February 22, 2019, at 5:00 p.m.
Incoming students, Complete the application and mail a copy of your high school or most recent college transcript to:
Rosen College of Hospitality Management
Attn: Dr. Hyung Jung
9907 Universal Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32819
Your application will be kept in a large pool; and continuously reviewed for other & external opportunities
UCF Scholarship Opportunities
- Scholarship and Financial Aid opportunities can be found HERE!
Alumni Engagement and Annual Giving Scholarship Applications CLOSED.
Each year UCF Alumni Engagement and Annual Giving awards more than $50,000 in scholarships to UCF students demonstrating strong academic ability and significant extracurricular and community involvement. UCF Alumni Engagement and Annual Giving is pleased to again offer more than a dozen scholarship opportunities for the 2019-2020 academic year. Applications are now available on A2O: Access to Opportunities (https://ucf.academicworks.com/). You are encouraged to apply for as many scholarships for which you are eligible.
How to apply through A2O:
- Read all scholarship criteria online at https://ucfalumni.com/scholarships to determine which you may be eligible for.
- Log in to A2O: Access to Opportunities (https://ucf.academicworks.com/).
- Complete the general application if this is your first time logging in.
- Browse available scholarships > click “Opportunities” and select “Ours” then search for the specific scholarship you are looking for.
- Complete and submit application(s) and all required supporting documents.
*No paper applications will be accepted. Scholarship applications are only available online through the A2O portal. You will only see scholarships for which you meet the basic eligibility requirements.
IMPORTANT! Please read each scholarship application carefully to make sure you meet ALL of the specific criteria required for each scholarship before applying. Criteria used to determine eligibility includes, but is not limited to: GPA, class standing, academic program and campus involvement. If you do not see a particular scholarship, you do not meet one or more of the basic eligibility requirements (refer to our FAQs at https://ucfalumni.com/students/scholarshipfaq.
– Charles N. & Frances Millican Scholarship – senior serving in a leadership role
– Jack & Monica Thorsen Veteran Scholarship – any class standing, served in the U.S. Military
– Phoenix Scholarship – non-traditional student, junior class standing
– St. Onge Family Leadership Endowed Scholarship – undergrad, sophomore or junior class standing serving in a leadership role
– UCF Alumni Fellows Leadership Scholarship – any class standing
– UCF Alumni Legacy Scholarship – undergrad, any class standing, parent/grandparent/legal guardian are UCF graduates
– Amy G. Buchman, ’95, Memorial Endowed Scholarship – any class standing, permanent resident of Pinellas/Hillsborough counties in Florida
– College of Business Administration Alumni Chapter Scholarship – junior, senior or graduate student class standing enrolled in the College of Business Administration
– Debbie K. Phillis Space Coast UCF Alumni Chapter Endowed Scholarship – any class standing, permanent resident of Brevard County in Florida
– Dr. William K. Grasty Memorial Scholarship – undergrad, junior or senior in the Nicholson School of Communication
– Lee A. Dumas Memorial Endowed Scholarship – any class standing, permanent resident of Volusia/Flagler counties in Florida
– UCF Regional Alumni Chapter/Club Scholarships:
+Jacksonville UCF Alumni Club Scholarship – any class standing, permanent resident of Duval, Clay, St. Johns or Nassau counties in Florida
+Southeast Florida Knights Scholarship – any class standing, permanent resident of Dade or Broward counties in Florida, preference to those who are incoming freshman
+Tampa Bay Knights Legacy Scholarship – any class standing, permanent resident of the Tampa Bay Area, preference to those whose parent/grandparent/legal guardian are UCF graduates
The deadline to apply is midnight on Sunday, March 3, 2019. Late, incomplete or paper applications will not be considered.
External Scholarship Opportunities
CFHLA: In 2018 CFHLA awarded over 45 Central Florida Students Hospitality Scholarships. The application process is now open for the 2019 CFHLA Hospitality Student Scholarship Program – for graduating high school seniors AND current Central Florida Hospitality program college students. This application can be located at the following link: https://cfhla.submittable.com/submit/133891/2019-cfhla-hospitality-student-scholarship-high-school-and-college-students
OR on the CFHLA Website: https://www.cfhla.org/hospitality-scholarships
- The Don & Lorraine Freeberg Foundation “Full Ride” Scholarship Application: Please Click HERE for information and to apply! Application submission deadline is Friday, March 22, 2019.
- CFHLA Gives Scholarships, Please Click HERE for information and to apply!
The Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF) and Wells Fargo are proud to offer urgent financial assistance scholarships to undergraduate seniors in good academic standing but at risk of not returning to school or graduating due to an outstanding financial need, and/or emergency situation that leads to a financial aid crisis. The deadline is March 31, 2019, 11:59 pm. To apply, please visit the following link, TMCF/Wells Fargo Application.Once you have signed up or logged in, you can complete the TMCF | Wells Fargo Emergency Scholarship Application.
Current grade point average of 3.0 or higher
Demonstrate outstanding financial need and/or an emergency situation
- FFMA Annual Meeting Scholarship and internship – scholarship to attend the conference which will be from June 16th – 18th this year and intern with the conference organizer.
- General College Scholarship – $1,000 to be used by a student who is studying in a related field.
- IAVM Venue Connect Scholarship – $1,000 to help offset travel and registration expenses to the IAVM (International Association of Venue Managers) conference. https://www.iavm.org/venueconnect/venue-connect-home This year the conference is in Chicago July 21 – 24th.
NEWH offers numerous scholarships for hospitality and tourism students. Please check the website. https://newh.org/available-scholarships/ for more information. Deadlines vary. Also check the NEWH Chapter scholarships. The Sunshine Chapter here is Florida offers a scholarship: https://newh.org/chapter-scholarships/
- Undergraduate Student Scholarship opportunity – $2500-$10,000. All scholarship applicants must be:
- A citizen or lawful permanent resident of the United States of America and its territories.
- Enrolled or accepted as a full time or substantial part-time student at an accredited post-secondary institution, college, or university for the upcoming academic year
- Majoring in a restaurant or foodservice-related program
- Plan to be enrolled for at least two consecutive terms
- Unrelated to any employees or family members of the National Restaurant Association, National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation, any state restaurant association
A career in tennis has never been easier to achieve than with a Professional Tennis Management (PTM) track through the Hospitality Management degree at Rosen College. There are grants and scholarships available for PTM students through the USTA Foundation at www.ustafoundation.com and click on the grants and scholarships tab at the top of the page. Additional questions, please contact Marc.email@example.com Associate Director PTM, Rosen College.