The Dean’s Student Ambassador Program at the Rosen College of Hospitality Management seeks to enhance leadership engagement and foster a spirit of pride among outstanding students within the college. The mission of this program is to provide students with the opportunity to extend their learning experience outside of the classroom and offer the opportunity for professional growth and career development.
Students selected are considered outstanding and represent the enriched culture of the hospitality industry. They are passionate, knowledgeable and well regarded within the Rosen College and among hospitality professionals.
The role as a Dean’s Student Ambassador is to serve as representative on behalf of the Rosen College student population at special events, engagements or recruiting activities. This is a prestigious position that opens the opportunity to network with the dean, faculty and industry leaders and builds a portfolio of experience needed for future career opportunities.
- Professional growth and development
- Leadership service and citizenship
- Interact with the Dean and Influential Leaders within the Hospitality Industry
- Earn a Certificate and Letter of Appreciation from the Dean for your service
- Recognition as an elite member of the student population
Ambassadors are selected through a competitive process which requires a formal application, resume, 2 letters of reference and panel interview. The Dean’s Ambassadors are appointed for a term of one academic year (Summer, Fall & Spring) with consideration of automatic reappointment.
Following are the qualifications:
- Currently enrolled Major within the Rosen College of Hospitality Management
- Minimum 3.0 GPA and Junior/Senior standing
- Be passionate about the industry and Rosen College of Hospitality Management
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- One year academic commitment (Fall & Spring terms)
- Excellent character, positive attitude and committed to inclusion
Applications are available in the Rosen College Office of Student Services, Suite 201 and due by 3:00 pm on Feb. 25. For consideration, candidates must complete and submit the application by the indicated deadline, provide an unofficial transcript, resume, 2 reference letters and include a short 2 page essay regarding the qualities of leadership, professionalism and service. Candidates meeting the application criteria for selection will be invited for an interview. Selected ambassadors will be notified by the end of March. There will be a welcome orientation session for selected ambassadors at the end of April.