Benefits of Being
- Develop improved communication and trouble-shooting skills, as well as gain an increased awareness of diversity
- Gain experience for future student leadership and professional opportunities
- Impact UCF students through “positive peer mentoring”
- Meet new people – make new friends – networking opportunities
- Mentorship with current industry professionals through our partnership with the Rosen College Alumni Chapter Mentorship Program
- Opportunity to implement the three pillars of the Rosen College: Professionalism, Leadership and Service
Peer Mentor Qualifications
- Knowledgeable about the UCF Rosen College community
- Personable, flexible, and considerate of the needs of their peers
- Possess and portray excellent communication, leadership, organization, and multi-tasking skills
- Maintain at least a 3.0 UCF cumulative GPA
- Has been enrolled in a minimum of 2 terms that included courses that were entertainment, event, hospitality or restaurant and foodservice focused
- Must obtain a S.E.T. Certificate within one year of membership in the program
Access the Peer Mentor Application HERE!
If you cannot make the full commitment to join POMP, but would like to request a Peer Mentor, please contact the POMP Director, Mrs. Vanessa Blackmon, via email at email@example.com.