- Assist mentees in establishing appropriate study skills/habits and enhance their time management skills
- Orient mentees to university resources and UCF Rosen College services
- Attend peer mentor orientation and complete online training modules
- Attend training sessions provided by UCF staff
- Attend POMP social activities and be an active member
- Plan occasional activities with mentees (at least three per month)
- Collaborate with Mentee to complete the Pineapple Challenge
Dean Youcheng Wang awards the POMP Mentor of the Year with a $1,000 Scholarship that includes a plaque.
Qualifications for “Mentor of the Year” Award:
- A knowledgeable and experienced guide who teaches (and learns) through a commitment to the mutual growth of both mentee and mentor
- A caring, thoughtful, and humane facilitator who provides access to people, places, experiences, and resources outside the mentee’s routine environment
- A role model who exemplifies in word and deed what it means to be ethical, responsible, and a compassionate human being
- A trusted ally, or advocate, who works with (not for) the mentee and on behalf of the mentee’s best interests and goals
- A member that is active in the Program by attending and participating in program meetings, training opportunities, social events and volunteer opportunities
- Motivates other members to be excited about the Program and is involved on the Rosen and Main Campus as well as in the Community/Industry
- Establishes regular interaction and consistent support with Mentee and/or other POMP members to build positive relationships built on trust and respect
- Enhances mentee’s ability to interact comfortably and productively with people/groups from diverse racial, ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Exemplifies the mission and goals of the Peer Outreach Mentoring Program (POMP) and demonstrates going above and beyond to make the Program, as a whole, better
Student Enhancement Training
The purpose of the S.E.T. program is for UCF student employees to develop transferable skills and gain practical, professional knowledge. The program will consist of classes tailored to provide you with extensive training to advance your career at UCF and beyond.
In order to complete the S.E.T. Program Certificate, you must register for the program and attend S.E.T. workshops and sessions offered during the dates and times listed in the website schedule.