IAAPA Attractions Expo Ambassadors: Apply by May 1
The International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (IAAPA) is seeking outstanding students studying event management, journalism, marketing, hospitality/tourism, engineering, or a related field to be ambassadors (interns) at IAAPA Attractions Expo 2017 in Orlando, Florida, Nov 10-18. Applicants must complete the online program application by Monday, May 1, 2017. For additional information about the program, please go to www.IAAPA.org/ambassadors.
The IAAPA Ambassador Program gives students an insider’s experience of the world’s largest conference and trade show for amusement parks and attractions professionals. It creates unparalleled opportunities to meet and assist professionals ranging from small business owners to operational managers to top executives from Fortune 500 companies.
In exchange for valuable learning and networking opportunities, participants must provide energy, initiative, and a strong customer-focused attitude to improve the guest experience for all IAAPA Attractions Expo attendees. This exciting opportunity will feature a structured learning program, scheduled work hours (approximately 10+ hours per day), and a ticket to one of the largest trade shows in the world.
The IAAPA Ambassador Program is an internship that balances needs of the employer and the educational needs of the students by providing specific, scheduled learning opportunities throughout the week. The work elements of the program include:
- Event Management – Work with the association’s expo management team and on-site vendors to oversee a range of special events at IAAPA Attractions Expo 2017.
- Education Program – IAAPA’s education team and volunteers while conducting the on-site logistics for seminars, workshops, and off-site tours. In addition, each ambassador will attend a specific list of seminars.
- Trade Show Support – Work with the expo management team, floor managers, and vendors in support of trade show logistics, particularly while the trade show floor is open Nov 14-17.
- Behind-the-Scenes Learning – See how IAAPA’s trade show vendors put together a top-30 event (as rated by Trade Show News Network’s listing of the top 250 trade shows in the United States), how the Orange County Convention Center manages more than 2,000,000 gross square feet of exhibit space, and how the IAAPA staff comes together to produce the largest event in the attractions industry.
- Social Program – Experience unique opportunities to network with peers in the industry during scheduled events, make contact with facility operators, and interact with one of the premier trade show management teams in the industry.
Applicants must be mature, responsible self-starters with exceptional customer service skills. Good communication skills, flexibility, enthusiasm, a strong work ethic, and a willingness to perform a variety of tasks are required. Multilingual skills or previous convention experience is a plus. Guest services experience in amusement/theme parks, water parks, museums, family entertainment centers, hotels/resorts, zoos, aquariums, or related attractions is preferred but not required.
Successful applicants must be on-site in Orlando by mid-day Friday, Nov 10 for team-building, training, orientation session, and tours. Ambassadors’ duties conclude by the afternoon of Saturday, Nov. 18.
- An unforgettable experience (see photos and testimonials online)
- World-class training by human resources professionals
- Shared housing
- Daily breakfast and lunch
- Networking opportunities
Successful applicants will offer:
- Enthusiasm and initiative
- Hard work and dedication throughout this event
- Professional appearance and “can do” attitude
- Consistently outstanding effort and attitude throughout a rigorous schedule
- Great customer service
- Transportation to and from the Expo site (Orlando, Florida)
Applicants must complete the online program application by Monday, May 1. For additional information about the program, please go to www.IAAPA.org/ambassadors. Once applicants have been accepted and notified, pre-event training will begin in late September via e-mail, Facebook, or other electronic media.