In order to graduate from UCF, each student must file an “Intent to Graduate” application. This application includes the Intent to Graduate form and the UCF Exit Surveys. The application process is completed online via www.my.ucf.edu.
UCF Rosen College of Hospitality Management will certify your final degree requirements and you must be enrolled at the university during your graduating term. The university Registrar’s Office is responsible for university honors, commencement information, graduation tickets, diploma mailing and procedures. There is a deadline to file the “Intent to Graduate” application for each semester which is established by the university. There is also a deadline to have degrees certified at the end of each academic term which is established by the Office of Institutional Research. Deadlines and commencement information is available on the Registrar’s Office website.
1. Where do I file my Intent to Graduate application?
You must file your Intent to Graduate application online via myUCF –> Student Self Service –> Student Center –> Select Intent to Graduate: Apply in the Dropdown box under Other Academics.
2. When do I file my Intent to Graduate application?
The Intent to Graduate application must be filed in the term prior to your intended graduating term and by the official deadline posted on the UCF Academic Calendar. Students should be enrolled in their final pending coursework prior to the Intent to Graduate submission.
3. Will my Intent to Graduate application be accepted if the Exit Survey is not successfully submitted?
Yes, your application will be accepted even if the exit survey is not fully completed. Once your Intent to Graduate application is submitted, you may not return to edit the application or the survey.
For other Intent to Graduate submission issues, please contact UCF Registrar’s Office at (407) 823-3100.
4. How do I know about my Intent to Graduate application status?
You may view your Intent to Graduate application status on myUCF -> Student Self Service -> Student Center -> Select Intent to Graduate: Status in the Dropdown box under Other Academics.
Also, the Rosen College Graduation Coordinator will notify you of the Intent to Graduate status in detail via your Knights E-mail account only; no communication will be made to any other e-mail addresses. Contact UCF Computer Services at (407) 823-5117 if you have issues viewing your Knights e-mail account.
5. Can I participate in the Commencement ceremony as Walk-only and receive my diploma in the following term?
Permission to Walk-only is granted due to extenuating circumstances only. Approval must be granted by the college and students must be within 1 credit hour of completing all final coursework. A Walk-only petition form must be submitted to the Rosen College Student Services Office (located at 9907 Universal Blvd., Suite 201, Orlando, FL 32819) for consideration in conjunction with the Intent to Graduate application submission via myUCF.
6. What if I failed a course in my graduating term?
You must resubmit your Intent to Graduate application for the following term and enroll to repeat the failed course. The Registrar’s Office will automatically assign you a registration enrollment appointment time to allow you access to re-enroll once your current Intent to Graduate application is denied.
7. How do I find out about when & where the Commencement will take place, cap & gown ordering, and guest tickets information?
You will be notify about the Commencement Ceremony information details via your Knights e-mail account approximately 3 months before the ceremony. For additional information, please visit the UCF Registrar’s Office website at www.registrar.ucf.edu -> Commencement.
8. Who do I contact for questions regarding cap & gown and guest tickets?
All inquiries regarding cap & gown and guest tickets should be directed to the Rosen College Bookstore at (407) 903-8502 OR the Barnes & Noble Bookstore at UCF Main Campus at (407) 882-0365 or (407) 882-0362.
9. What if I did not receive my diploma certificate after having graduated?
Diploma certificate is sent to students by UCF Registrar’s Office 6 to 10 weeks after the commencement ceremony. Your diploma will not be released for mailing if there are Holds placed on your academic records. In the event that you have moved after your Intent to Graduate submission, a PDF address change form available on the Registrar’s Office website must be completed and submitted in person to the Registrar’s Office. You may NOT change the diploma mailing address online.
- Graduating Seniors and students within the last 30 hours of graduation may NOT complete courses Transient at another institution during their graduating term.
- The Rosen College will not accept the Intent to Graduate application after the published deadline.
- Students must be enrolled at the university in their graduating term. If there are no courses enrolled at UCF in the graduating term, students must e-mail the Rosen Student Services Office requesting to be registered into the IDS4999 Graduation Requirement Course (class attendance and coursework are NOT mandatory; a tuition fee amount equal to 1 credit hour will be charged).
- Transfer AS to BS students in Hospitality Management must file a major change form online prior to completing the intent to graduate form for acceptance. The major change form is available online via myUCF to switch from your current AS to BS Hospitality Management “Pending” major to Hospitality Management with the AS to BS “track.” Click here for instructions on how to complete a major change.