Welcome to the 9th IATE conference to be held at the
UCF Rosen College of Hospitality, Orlando, Florida, USA
Submissions for the 9th IATE conference are now open.
We look forward to seeing you all in Orlando in 2024.
ONLINE SUBMISSIONS ARE OPEN VIA EASYCHAIR: Click Here.
Submissions will be managed by Easychair, an external Conference Management System.
CALL FOR PAPERS
Key Dates and Submission Deadlines
|Abstract submission:||17 November 2023|
|Acceptance notification:||11 December 2023|
|Full paper submission (optional)||8 March 2024|
Submissions should be in English and include title, name of the author(s), affiliation, up to 5 keywords and abstract (100 – 500 words) OR extended abstract (up to 2000 words).
Authors with accepted submissions can optionally upload the full paper at a later stage.
Dean Youcheng Wang (University of Central Florida, USA; Conference Chair)
Professor Alan Fyall (University of Central Florida, USA)
Professor Stephen Pratt (University of Central Florida, USA; Academic Chair)
Professor Robertico Croes (University of Central Florida, USA)
Dr Jorge Ridderstaat (University of Central Florida, USA)
Prof. Andrea Saayman (North-West University, South Africa; IATE President)
Prof. Haiyan Song (The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong; IATE Vice President)
Dr Mondher Sahli (Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand; IATE Secretary General)
Prof. Gang Li (University of Surrey, United Kingdom)
Dr Sauveur Giannoni (University of Corsica – UMR CNRS LISA, France)
Dr Juan Luis Eugenio Martín (University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain)
Dr Vicente Ramos (Universitat de les Illes Balears, Spain)
Prof. Neelu Seetaram (Leeds Beckett University, United Kingdom)
Dr Laura Vici (University of Bologna, Italy)
Dr Ulrich Gunter (Modul University Vienna, Austria)
Prof. Nicolas Peypoch (University of Perpignan – CRESEM, France)
Professor Stephen Pratt (University of Central Florida, USA)
Conference registration fees (e.g. Early Bird & Standard Fees)
|Early Registration (including IATE membership) – before 7 April 2024||$350|
|Standard Registration (including IATE membership) – from 7 April 2024||$400|
|Daily Fee (without Social functions, Gala dinner)||$150|
*If you are a full-time postgraduate student, you are eligible for ‘postgraduate students’ rate.
Delegate includes Submission fee for one paper, all conference sessions, program and proceedings, conference kit, coffee breaks and lunches, welcome reception, Opening Ceremony, Conference dinner.
Post Graduate student includes Submission fee for one paper, all conference sessions, program and proceedings, conference kit, coffee breaks and lunches, welcome reception, Opening Ceremony, Conference dinner.
Accompanying person fee includes Welcome Reception, Opening Ceremony, Conference dinner.
Daily fee includes: program brochure, conference sessions for registered day, conference kit, coffee breaks and working lunch for the registered day.
Online registrations can be completed via: EventBrite
|Tuesday May 21||Wednesday May 22||Thursday May 23||Friday May 24|
|Morning 1||· PhD workshop|| · Registration
· Opening Ceremony
· Plenary Session 1 (Keynote 1 & 2)
| · Registration
· Paper Presentations 4
|· Plenary Session 2 (Keynote 3)|
|Refreshments||· Morning Tea||· Morning Tea||· Morning Tea||· Morning Tea|
|Morning 2||· PhD workshop||· Paper Presentations 1||· Paper Presentations 5||· IATE General Assembly & Closing Ceremony|
|Lunch||· Lunch||· Lunch||· Lunch||· Lunch|
|Afternoon 1||· PhD workshop||· Paper Presentations 2||· Paper Presentations 6|
|Refreshments||· Afternoon Tea||· Afternoon Tea||· Afternoon Tea|
|Afternoon 2||· PhD workshop||· Paper Presentations 3||· Paper Presentations 7|
|Evening||· Welcome Reception||· Own Arrangements||· Gala Dinner|
Nearby hotels include:
|Hotel||Phone Number||Address||Nightly Rate + taxes & fees||Driving Distance||Walking Distance||Uber/Lyft
|Rosen Inn at Pointe||407.996.8585||9000 International Dr||$65||3 miles||1 hr 2 min||$8-10|
|Rosen Centre Hotel||407.996.9840||9840 International Dr||$99||2 miles||43 min||$9-12|
|Rosen Shingle Creek||407.996.6338||9939 Universal Blvd||$125||2 miles||5 min||N/A|
|Days Inn by Wyndham Orlando||407.352.8700||9990 International Dr||$129||2 miles||36 min||$8-10|
|Best Western Orlando Theme Parks||407.313.4100||6301 Westwood Blvd||$139||2 miles||50 min||$8-10|
|Hyatt Regency Orlando||407.284.1234||9801 International Dr||$199||2 miles||50 min||$8-10|
|Hampton Inn and Suites Orlando||407.313.3030||7448 International Dr||$207||3 miles||1 hr 21 min||$8-10|
|Hilton Orlando||407.313.4300||6001 Destination Pkwy||$389||1 mile||34 min||$8-10|
Just 5-minute walk away from the College (transportation can be arranged if necessary), Rosen Shingle Creek which is a 4-star resort hotel can serve as a perfect conference hotel. As part of the Rosen family, we are in a position to negotiate a family and friends’ rate around $125.00. There are also other Rosen hotels in the vicinity for the attendees to choose from.
How to get to UCF Rosen College of Hospitality Management
The Rosen College of Hospitality Management is one of the 13 colleges of the University of Central Florida (UCF), the second largest university in the U.S.A. We are located in Orlando, Florida. Situated in the heart of hospitality, UCF Rosen College also looks like it belongs in a world-class destination: our 159,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art, Mediterranean resort-style campus is the largest facility ever built for hospitality management education.
More information about UCF Rosen College can be found here:
Rosen College of Hospitality Management (ucf.edu)
Transport links to conference location (including national and international access)
As of 2023, the Orlando metropolitan area had an estimated population of more than 2.6 million residents. The region also attracted a record 74 million visitor in 2022, making it one of the most visited tourism destinations in the United States. Nearby airports include Orlando International Airport (10.3 miles or 15 minutes) and Orlando Sanford International Airport (40.6 miles or 43 minutes), making it easy for national and international travel to and from Florida. A new international-focused terminal at Orlando International Airport also demonstrates the region’s commitment to welcoming guests from around the globe.
Discover the enchantment of Orlando, Florida,
There’s always something amazing to experience in this vibrant city.
Video created by Visit Orlando. https://www.visitorlando.com/
Here’s what you can do:
- Visit the Theme Parks: Dive into the magic of Walt Disney World Resort, Universal Orlando Resort, and SeaWorld Orlando. Immerse yourself in thrilling rides, incredible shows, and meet your favorite characters.
- Explore Nature: Discover the stunning beauty of Orlando’s natural wonders. Hike the trails in the nearby state parks, go boating on one of the many lakes, or simply relax in one of the city’s beautiful gardens.
- Culinary Delights: Indulge your taste buds in Orlando’s diverse culinary scene. From international cuisine to local favorites, there’s something for every palate. Don’t miss out on the food festivals and farmers’ markets.
- Arts and Culture: Immerse yourself in the arts by visiting the Orlando Museum of Art, catch a Broadway show at the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts, or explore the local art galleries and street art scenes.
- Outdoor Adventures: Get active with outdoor activities like golfing, kayaking, paddleboarding, and more. Orlando’s year-round pleasant weather makes it ideal for outdoor enthusiasts.
- Shopping Extravaganza: Shop ’til you drop at the upscale malls, boutique stores, and outlets. Orlando is a shopper’s paradise with something for every style and budget.
- Nightlife: Experience the vibrant nightlife with trendy bars, live music venues, and dance clubs. The city comes alive after dark, offering entertainment for all night owls.
- Community Involvement: Join local volunteering opportunities and make a positive impact on the community. Orlando has various organizations that welcome helping hands.
- Family Fun: Create lasting memories with your loved ones at family-friendly attractions, including mini-golf, water parks, and interactive museums.
- Plan Your Staycation: If you’re a local, consider a staycation. Book a weekend getaway at one of Orlando’s luxurious resorts or unique accommodations.