Peer Outreach Mentoring Program (POMP)
The goal of the Peer Outreach Mentoring Program (POMP) is to provide a support system by connecting UCF Rosen College students with peer mentors, who have demonstrated high scholastic standards, possess qualities that match the goals of the POMP, and are knowledgeable about UCF’s Rosen College. Peer Mentors are upper-class UCF Rosen College undergraduate students, assist a group of their peers who would like to enhance their collegiate experience. The students may consist of New Transfers, At Risk, Readmission and/or Probation students at UCF’s Rosen College. The mentoring process provides these students with the information, support, and encouragement they need to be successful. Please note that peer mentor positions are strictly volunteer-based.
- Rosen Graduate’s Resilience Puts Her on Path to Become Pioneer in eSports Events »
- Mentoring Program Quadruples Membership, Celebrates Four Years of Academic Success »
- Students Give Back through Award-Winning Mentoring Program »
- Successful Student Mentoring Program Soars Again »
- Award-Winning Mentoring Program Celebrates Another Year of Success »
The Office of Student Services at the Rosen College of Hospitality Management strives to uphold the highest academic standards set by the University of Central Florida by providing our students with excellent customer service, a core value in the hospitality industry.
To partner upper-level undergraduate students with peers who seek assistance to enhance their collegiate experience by providing them with the information, support and encouragement they need to achieve their academic, personal and/or professional aspirations.
- Enhance the undergraduates’ experience personally, academically, and socially
- Reduce the amount of students from being placed on academic probation
- Establish academic and social support networks
- Provide an environment that promotes the understanding of diverse cultures
- Increase awareness of departmental, college, and University resources